Self-care is an essential and often overlooked necessity in our life. What is life if not an experience to enjoy to the fullest? Our lives often become so busy we get overrun with trying to be’s and trying to do’s. It’s essential to take a step back and fully enjoy the moment that is merely feeling and being can provide. Today I will send you through a self-care routine you can perform on your feet including a detoxifying foot mask.
Firstly you will give yourself a relaxing foot bath, followed by a detoxifying clay charcoal foot mask. This mask will help draw out the toxins stored in our feet, the negative ions of clay bond with the positive ions of the toxins and heavy metals stored in our feet. So grab a steaming cup of tea, an excellent book, and prepare to relax as you give your feet a whole lot of love.
There are a ton of foot detox approaches out there to help nourish and detoxify your feet. I will mention a few other types here:-
- Foot masks: Apply a specific foot mask for a few minutes, then peel off.
- Footpads: Wear them on your feet; it draws out the toxins.
- Foot scrubs: Simply rub the scrub paste on your feet, exactly like a face scrub.
- Foot soak: Soak your feet in warm water or Epsom saltwater with essential oils.
A few Reasons to use a charcoal foot mask:
- Softens and purifies the feet
- Helps reduce odor-causing germs
- Heals dry, peeling, and cracked feet
- Clears out all the impurities
- promotes heart’s health
- boosting mood and relieving stress
- Relaxes the feet along with the entire body
- Deeply cleanse and detoxifies the feet
- restores body’s pH
- Help boost immunity and weight loss
What will you need?
- Foot soak
- Warm water in a bucket
- Two tbs of Epsom salt
- One tbs of apple cider vinegar
- A towel to dry your feet once removed from the water
- Charcoal foot mask.
Things you need for a charcoal foot mask:
- ½ tsp of Charcoal
- ½ tsp of bentonite or kaolin clay
- ten drops of essential oil of your choice (peppermint, lavender, wintergreen, juniper berry, ginger)
- 1 tsp honey, A rag to wipe your hands of the Charcoal after applying the mask
- Incense to set the mood
- A book to read while you relax
Instructions to follow to make a charcoal foot mask:
- Set yourself up in a cozy, relaxing area of your home, away from distractions, where you can relax and connect with yourself.
- Fill a bucket ¾ of the way with warm water and sprinkle Epsom salts and essential oils into the water.
- Place it at the foot of the chair or bed where you will be resting during the cleanse.
- Make sure you have a towel to dry your feet and wipe your hands within reach.
- Feel free to light Incense, set mood lighting, or perform any other task which can help you enjoy your detox.
- Begin by soaking your feet in the warm water, allowing the vinegar and Epsom salts to penetrate deep into your muscles.
Also read:- How to make Indian Incense?
You will be charmed by the results of the charcoal foot mask. It not only acts as a magnet to unclog pores but also give you gentle and smooth skin. This treatment will relieve your stress and cheer up your mood as it gives you a rich aroma that acts as a mood booster and also, it removes crack heels and dry skin and gives you a moistured foot. Personally, I use this mask once a month, and it has always worked for me to light up my mood, and believe me, you’ll feel so too once you start doing this treatment for yourself.
Also share your experience using a charcoal foot mask. Enjoy and relax!