If you are one of those people who want to learn how to backup gmail emails with attachments as EML, you have landed on the right page. Here, we will explain why and how users can perform this operation to download the message.
Being one of the most popularly used web-based email services, Gmail allows many functionalities to its users for effective mail communication. All Gmail users know that it offers only 15 GB of free storage space quickly filled if users receive emails in bulk every day.
There are also risks of losing important emails, making users want to backup Gmail Emails with attachments. EML being a single message file only saves one message at a time, but since there are no other ways users are aware, they search for this query.
Due to the risks involved in using web-based email services, users tend to back up their data. Although, downloading emails one by one is generally not a suitable solution to take a backup of your data. Also, you cannot open the attached file along with the email separately.
Let’s find a way out that is the best choice for the users to save data in bulk.
Also read:- Migrate Office 365 Mailbox
Advantageous Technique on How to backup Gmail Emails as EML
Professionals have always recommended that users should create a backup of their data no matter what due to the risks involved with cloud services. It is not related to the cloud-only; any type of service is prone to risks leading to data loss or loss.
That’s why we have brought here the Gmail Email Backup Software that will help users create a backup of their data in Gmail and save it locally. The software offers several features that a user can choose from, including PST, EML, MBOX, MSG, etc.
There are only a few steps involved to backup Gmail Emails as EML using the software. But before going through these steps, we’d like to highlight some of its outstanding features:
- Allows taking a backup of single as well as multiple accounts
- Offers to save emails along with attachments associated with them
- Tool provides Delete After Download button to regain server space
- Provides a Date-Filter option for specifically exporting data
- Backup Attachments including Google Docs, Spreadsheets, Images etc.
- Maintains original folder structure and preserves data integrity
- Compatible with Windows OS versions 10, 8, 7 (32/64 bit)
How to backup Gmail Emails with a attachments using instructions of software?
Following are the instructions for this task:
- Run the software and enter the email credentials for Gmail, and hit Login.
- Select the export type as EML and click on the Browse button to change the destination path.
- Click on the Delete After Download option and hit the Yes button when prompted with confirmation.
- Choose the Apply Filter button and select the folders and the dates from which you want to download the emails.
- Finally, press the Start button to complete the backup process.
By following the given steps, users can take a backup of as many emails as they want in bulk without losing the data integrity.
Now, let’s understand the manual method of saving the emails one by one.
Backup Gmail Emails with attachments using the Manual Method
This manual approach that allows users to download emails from your account is an easy-to-use workaround, but certain limitations bring along. We will be explaining the drawbacks after the procedure so that users have a clear vision of how this method works.
Let’s first take a look at the steps of this procedure.
- Open a web browser and log in to your Gmail account.
- Click on the message you want to download to open it.
- Select the 3 Vertical Dots or Menu icon to open a drop-down list.
- From the list, choose the Download Message option.
This process answers how to save email as EML in Gmail. You can save the file in your Downloads folder as an EML file with a .eml extension. You can open this file if you have an email client to support this format.
Now, let’s take a look at the disadvantages of using this approach.
What Limitations Are Imposed by the Manual Method?
The manual approach has the following limitations:
- Using this technique, you can download only one message at a time.
- It doesn’t allow saving emails in bulk leading to a lot of time consumption.
- For taking a backup or deleting emails to regain storage space, this becomes a lengthy approach.
- If you want to backup Gmail Emails with attachemnts as EML, this method may download them but only shows the meta-properties of the attached files.
As per the drawbacks mentioned above, none of the users would want such a lengthy and time-consuming workaround for performing this task.
In Summarized Format
As known, many users want to delete the emails from their mailbox to save storage space or create a backup of their data for safekeeping. Be it any reason; it is easy for users to go through the process to download the messages with the help of the software. It offers both the functionalities, backup of the data, and deleting data after downloading to regain server space.
Other than that, there is only one other way to help you learn how to backup Gmail Emails with attachments as EML, which is the manual approach. It is helpful but not so much in the case of downloading emails in bulk.