If you’re looking for a way to import OLM to Apple Mail, you’ve come to the right place. This article will show you how to import Outlook Mac OLM to Apple Mail, including emails, formatting, attachments, and other essential items. Before beginning the process of migrating OLM to Mac Mail, gain a basic understanding of the process, which will be highly beneficial to our valued clients.
The write-up consists of:
- Standard Method to Migrate Outlook OLM to Apple Mail
- Automated Technique to Import OLM Files to Apple Mail [Highly Recommendend]
Why Would Someone Want to Convert OLM into Apple Mail?
When a user exports data from Outlook 2011, 2016, or 2019 for Mac, an OLM file is created. Emails, tasks, notes, contacts in the address book, events, Calendars, Journals, and other items are all saved. Apple Mail is the standard email client for Mac OS. It is available without charge and supports various protocols for sending and receiving email messages, including SMTP, POP3, Exchange, and IMAP. As a result, many users are looking to switch from Mac Outlook to Apple Mail as their email client. To Open OLM Files on Mac, users without Outlook will get stuck in between, therefore transferring OLM to Mac Mail will be a better option.
Method to Import OLM to Apple Mail/Mac Mail
There is no direct manual solution to migrate an OLM file into Apple Mail. However, if you want to export an Outlook Mac OLM file to Apple Mail manually, you should migrate the OLM file to an Apple Mail-supported file format like MBOX.
Also, read: On-premise Exchange Vs Office 365
Convert OLM to Apple Mail – The Tradition Method!
Here’s how to transfer Mac Outlook to Mac Mail step by step:
1. On your Mac, open Microsoft Outlook. Select the mailbox you want to transfer to Mac Mail.
2. Drag the mailbox to your desktop. It will save in the MBOX format.
3. Repeat this procedure for all required Mac Outlook 2011 and 2016 mailboxes. Place all MBOX files in one folder.
4. Then, open the Apple Mail email client. Go to File>>Import Mailboxes to get the Mailboxes.
5. There will be a new window open. Users must select the data file type of the source file here. Select the MBOX format option and click Continue.
6. Find the folder that contains all MBOX files. Select to continue with the OLM file import to the Apple Mail process.
7. A new window will display all MBOX files. Uncheck the box next to the mailbox name if you don’t want it converted.
8. To continue, click the Continue button. Mac Mail will import all emails from the selected mailboxes. These files can be found in the Import folder of its mailboxes, according to a message.
Manual Method’s Drawbacks
The above manual solution for importing OLM files into Apple Mail has the following drawbacks:
- It takes a long time to complete the manual process.
- This solution is tedious due to repetitive actions.
- It does not allow for email migration on a case-by-case basis.
- Some technical knowledge was required.
- Converting OLM to Apple Mail is a time-consuming process.
- Bulk conversion of OLM files to Apple Mail is ineffective.
Because of the Manual Method’s disadvantages, users prefer to use a third-party commercial solution, which is more convenient and reliable.
Another Way to Convert OLM Files into Mac Mail
A variety of third-party tools are available to help with the migration of OLM to Apple Mail. OLM to MBOX Converter for Mac software is a popular third-party tool. This tool makes importing OLM files into Apple Mail a simple and effective process, making the conversion process easier for the user.
How to Run the Tool?
- Start the tool on any Mac Machine of OS version 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- Add OLM File from the system to the software panel using any of the two different Add buttons. Then press the Next button.
- Now, choose any desired folder and again press the Next button.
- Further, a new tab with multiple saving options will display on the screen. Select the IMAP option and enter Apple MAil Account details to the required field.
- Then, finally, press the Export button to initiate the process of migrations.
- Supports Batch conversion of Outlook OLM files to Mac Mail.
- Migrate OLM Outlook files with all the attachments.
- Preserves folder hierarchy of Outlook email data
- Allows you to convert both files and folders.
- Import any size of OLM files into the Apple Mail account.
- Allows you to export emails selectively using the date filter option.
In conclusion, we’ve covered two methods for converting OLM files to Apple Mail in this article. Furthermore, if the user wants a quick and perfect solution to bulk import OLM files to Apple Mail, the professional solution—OLM Converter—is recommended. It converts files 100 percent of the time without changing their structure. Now it’s up to the users to decide which method is best for them.