Several users worldwide have asked the query, “How to fix Outlook error 0x8004102a?
This error is usually seen when you try to synchronize your Hotmail, Exchange, or other accounts with Outlook (especially the webmail account).
When you add an account to Outlook, the emails are accessible via Outlook mail and desktop application.
But, to do that, it must synchronize with the data. Sometimes, there are changes made through the Outlook application which might not reflect in the webmail.
Due to this, a synchronization error has occurred for which users want to fix Outlook error 0x8004102a.
Outlook connector error synchronizing folder is another name for this Outlook error.
Other than the mentioned reason, this error may also occur due to the following reasons:
- Corrupted Outlook data files (.pst & .ost)
- Incorrect credentials
- Corruption in Outlook profile
- The cause of the error could be various Outlook Plugins
- Corrupted Windows profile
- Using an older Outlook version
The error is easily fixable by following the simple methods as explained in this article. Let’s take a quick look at them.
How to Fix Outlook Error 0x8004102a, Explained in a Quick Glance?
The error mostly occurs when users try to synchronize their Hotmail account, converted to Outlook.com in 2012.
So, to get the synchronization correctly, you should use the Hotmail Connector.
Let’s first get to know a bit about this tool.
To manage your Outlook account, use the Outlook Hotmail Connector for Outlook versions 2010, 2007, & 2003.
Ensure that if you are using the 32-bit version, the connector should also be for the 32-bit version only.
To fix Outlook error 0x8004102a, you must follow the steps to configure the account carefully.
Remember: Outlook Hotmail Connector doesn’t support Outlook versions 2013 and 2016.
Following are the steps of configuration:
- Open Outlook on your desktop and click on the File tab.
- Choose the Info option and press Add Account button.
- Now, choose the ‘Manually Configure Server settings’ or additional server option and hit Next. In this step, press the Other option and choose MS Outlook Hotmail Connector. Tap Next.
- Learn how to fix Outlook error 0x8004102a by entering the credentials in the asked fields and click OK.
- When all that is done, a confirmation dialogue box will appear wherein you have to click on the Finish button.
Once the configuration is executed, the data will be synced to the Outlook account. However, the error may still be faced by certain users. There is no need to worry, we will explain to fix this error.
Before that, if you want the configuration steps for Hotmail with Outlook 2007 and 2003, kindly skip to the next segment.
Fix Outlook Error 0x8004102a Via Configuration in Outlook 2007 & 2003
Execute the given steps:
- Start by opening the Microsoft Outlook application and click on the Outlook Connector tab.
- Choose the Add a New Account option.
- Fill in the required details for your account, such as Name, Email Address, & Password then, hit the OK button.
- The configuration will complete in a while.
Now, to resolve the error for synchronizing emails in your Outlook account.
Pro Tip: If the error is within the Outlook data file, use the Outlook PST Recovery Tool to repair the file and remove the corruption quickly.
How to Fix Outlook Error 0x8004102a Due to Connectivity Issue?
Resolve the error by following the given method:
- Exit Outlook application.
- Go to the location for deleting the SRS file, i.e. “C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook”.
- Would you mind backing up the Outlook data file and deleting it from the given location?
- After doing so, enter the credentials for your account to configure with Outlook by clicking on the Control Panel à Mail à Add.
- Here, enter the name of the profile and hit the OK button.
- Go to the Manually Configure Server Settings or Addition Server Types option & hit Next to fix Outlook error 0x8004102a.
- Now, choose the IMAP, POP3, or HTTP settings and click on the Next button.
- After that, a new window will appear; you have to fill in the details, including Name, Email Address, Account Type, Password, etc.
- Select the More Settings option and press the Outgoing Server option. Check for the My Outgoing Server (SMTP) authentication.
- Here, choose the Advanced option and fill in 995 in the incoming server. Mark the checkbox for an encrypted connection (SS).
- To learn how to fix Outlook error 0x8004102a, enter 587 in the Outgoing server and as the encrypted connection, make sure to choose TLS.
- After that, choose the Test Account Settings and when the testing completes, hit Next.
- Press Finish and close the window.
As soon as all the steps mentioned above are executed successfully, the emails will start downloading in Outlook without any errors being caused.
Note: Hotmail Connector installation is not necessary for this method.
To Wrap It Up
If you have been looking for an answer on fixing Outlook error 0x8004102a, this article will help you out.
The Outlook connector error is usually caused if changes are made from different platforms which are not reflected correctly. Resolve the error with the given steps and get a hold of the synced data in Outlook.